Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Little Bit In Love

Is it really wrong of me to be in LOVE with this new card I just made?  I mean, it's very rare that I am just thrilled with something I made.  I am very critical of myself.  It's especially shocking that I like this considering that I don't think it's in my "normal" style.

This is for Kazan's sketch this week over at 2 Sketches 4 You.  I don't know what it is about Kazan but I find that I just LOVE the cards I make when I use her sketches.  I think she might be my muse.  Also, this is for Caardvarks.  There theme right now is a music card.

I made my own patterned paper by using the chalk pouncing technique again.  I was just going to Versamark the flowers on but I wanted it to be a bit "dirtier."  
Stamps: Autumn Leaves
Paper: beige CS, Dream Street Remember the Moments DP
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: pastels, versamark, distressing tool, rhinestones
Techniques: chalk pouncing

11 comments:

  1. That card is pretty. Lately I'm obsessed with sending cards. Not *just* because I want people to send them back to me, but because I love writing my nonsence down on something more elegant than my actual thoughts, and sending it off to get lost in piles of junk mail and bills. I need more penpals for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, you are right to be proud of it!! I've never tried chalk pouncing, I'm going to have to check it out when I'm back from vacation. And hey I wanted to let you know - I don't know if you had already read my FCCC post today, but I forgot to link your blog! Sorry about that, I was in such a race against the clock to post I missed it. Anyway, I just fixed it. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty !!
    Love all the details and the colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card ! You have such talent =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be in love with it! It makes me feel so warm and happy too great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this card too - that Paper is simply DIVINE - I am definitely going to find it...thank YOU for the inspiration too
    :) Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy being in love with your own creation. It sure is a lovely card.

    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant and pretty! Great job with the sketch!

    ~lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome ... perfect sentiment and I Love your wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete