Friday, March 19, 2010

FWF: A Green Challenge

Woohoo! It's Friday! And it really is Friday (I usually write this post on Thursday but the day just got away from me.) We have a PACKED weekend again. But I kind of love it. :)

Alright, today is the SECOND ever All Things Unity Challenge! The challenge this time is to create a GREEN card. But green can mean different things. 1. You can make a card that's green in color 2. You can make a card that's recycled or reusing product 3. You can make a card only using scraps. OR you can do all three!

I choose to make a card using only scraps and some re-purposed items. The doily and flower are from the Beeez Kneez kit available at Caffinated Cropper. (Hurry, there's only 9 sets left!) The flower is actually made from an old dictionary. How cool is that? I love the way it looks and I love that it isn't "new." I painted the doily, the button, and distressed my sentiment with some Turquoise Creative Inspirations Paint. I'm gonna talk more about this paint later on this week. :) I stamped the background (Unity's Distressed Dots) in Versamark. And the sentiment from Ippity's Just Wanted To Say is in Memento Tuxedo Black. I also wanted to make this for the Moxie Fab doily and lace challenge.

Check out the rest of the DT:

And don't forget to check out the Unity blog for all the Friends with Flair! :)

17 comments:

  1. This is one pretty card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blue lace in this! GREAT job, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Ashley! Stunning card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHhh...this is just gorgeous!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Just love the blue!! Have a FAB Friday and enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty Card, love your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cool! Thanks for finding a way to use the kit in a COMPLETELY different way..Love you! you are the best..and this card ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! Great way to go "green"!! Painting on buttons--love it! Why didn't I think of that? CLEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ashley! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete