Saturday, December 7, 2013

Week 15 2013

Hi friends!  I hope you are doing well!  We are doing ok here.  We had our family pictures taken for our Christmas cards today.  I feel like I'm constantly running late these days.  Hopefully, my cards will be out before Christmas.  Tonight, we are going to a holiday party.  It should be fun.

Today, I'm sharing a Project Life layout with you.  I'm having the hardest time blogging these layouts because I hate photographing them.  I've tried diffused flash and it doesn't look great.  I use natural light with these photos and I think it looks HORRIBLE.  I'm just having huge issues.  I might try my Ott Lites next.  I have tons of weeks that I would like to share but the thought of photographing and editing them makes me what to pull my hair out.

I set out to make this layout for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week which is Anything Goes.  I do make a ton of cards right now so I figured it would push me to do my Project Life.  I pulled out ALL my Paper Smooches stamps and dies for this layout.  I should get a prize for using the MOST Paper Smooches.  ;)  It was REALLY great!  I love using the dies to make custom journalling cards.  I don't have a Silhoutte and this is a GREAT way to make my own cards with that transparent look without having to spend $250 on a machine.  I also loved using my Alphadots stamp set since I usually use stickers.  This gave me a really cohesive look across my layout.  I also love that the dies, sentiments, and alphas are in the same(ish) font.

For this layout, I decided to use the Blush Project Life Core Kit as well as all Becky Higgins page protectors.  I trimmed a lot of the cards down.  At first I wasn't ok with that but you know what?  Not all my page protectors are 4x6 or 3x4 and it had to be done and I'm quite happy with it now.  I do wish I had the BH corner rounder though so I could re-round the corners once I trim the card.  

Full layout with insert
Full layout with insert turned the other way
 Layout without insert in
Left side
 Right side
Insert front
Insert back
 Have a great day, friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously adorable! I love how you incorporated all those different stamps/dies! What a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Use of all these Paper Smooches stamps is really amazing! Sweet page. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! It really means a lot to me! I try to read every comment and visit the blog of everyone who comments and return the love!