Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day: Silly Cards for Silly Boys

Hi friends!  Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you all are doing well.  It's been a VERY hard week here.  I've gotten a lot of bad news but I tried to cheer up for today and for my kids.  If there's one thing I've learned from this past week, it's take time to celebrate love.

I asked my boys what they wanted on their Valentine's Day cards and they wanted a turtle AND a dog on the same card.  I didn't really know how to make it work.  I went into my craft room and sat a bit and tried to work it out.  This is what I came up with.  It's silly and it won't make sense to anyone else but that's what a custom card is about, isn't it?  I made them the same but slightly different.  I don't want them to fight because they are upset the cards are different but I wanted them to be different enough that they would tell which card belongs to them.
Here's a close up of Brady's card.  I don't really think it's necessary to show both since they are so very similar.  I used a variety of Paper Smooches stamps for these cards.  The dog is from Chubby Chums.  The turtle is from Party Posse as is the accompanying sentiment.  And the bigger sentiment is one I created with the Alphadots set.  The papers are from Pebbles Yours Truly and the enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye.  I'm linking these up to the Fun and Cute Challenge over on the Paper Smooches Blog.  
I hope you all had an amazing Valentine's Day and expressed love to all those around you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment