Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mama Elephant Photo InspirationChallenge

Hi friends!  I hope you are well.  We are embarking on our Spring Break this week.  Amazingly, it's not so much a break for me.  ;)  But we will get to do some fun things and hopefully see some friends that we don't get to see much during the school year.

Today, I made a card and now I'm blogging it.  Look, it's like a trend or something.  I decided to play along with the Mama Elephant Photo Inspiration Challenge.  I just got my first Mama Elephant Stamps this week and I looooove them!  I usually try to order my stamps when I buy the rest of my supplies so that I'm not paying so much in shipping but none of the sets I wanted were ever in stock at the stores I looked at.  I folded aand ordered from Mama Elephant directly.  The shipping was SO fast!

This photo really was a challenge for me.  To me, this photo is really light and airy and I didn't know how to convey that in a card.  I tried my best though.  I'm debating on giving this card to Dustin for our anniversary on Wednesday but I'm not sure.  I might make a couple more and see how I feel.  I used some really old SU ink and a very old technique I learned from a SU party to watercolor the inside of the speech bubble.  I stamped the little birdie (she's me!) and colored her with Copics and Wink of Stella in clear.  I stamped the sentiment and stamped the little heart twice in the same color ink I watercolored with.  Then I finished with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  I looooove these little clear ones!  They are so cute!
Have a great day, friends!  

5 comments:

  1. welcome to the wonderful world of Mama Elephant!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card Ashley! Happy early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card! I love how you water colored the inside of the speech bubble and your design is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete